It was established in 1998. Zayed University is a government supported institution with its name after the country's first President. It has two campuses located in the two largest cities in the UAE, Dubai and Abu Dhabi. The Abu Dhabi campus Abu Dhabi became operational in 2011, and is currently home to nearly 6000 students, which includes around 70% females and 30 per cent males. Nearly 4,000 students are studying on the Dubai campus of Zayed University. The university enrolls every year more than 10,000 students, including international students from various parts around the globe.
University College delivers a standardized inter-disciplinary General Education Program to all undergraduate students for their initial two years at Zayed University. It is made up of four departments that offer comprehensive assistance and instruction to students.
College of Arts and Creative Enterprises
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) in Animation Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) in Graphic Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) in Interior Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) in Visual Art
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Multimedia Design
College of Business
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Finance
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) for Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) for Marketing, and Entrepreneurship
- Executive Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Finance
College of Communication and Media Sciences
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) with a concentration in Communication and Media Sciences with specializations in:
- Integrated Strategic Communications
- Tourism and Cultural Communications
- Media Production and Storytelling
Master of Arts (M.A.) in Communication Concentrations:
- Tourism and Cultural Communication
- Strategic Public Relations
College of Education
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.Ed.) in Education, with a focus on early Childhood education (PreK-Grade 3)
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership and Administration
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) with a concentration in International Studies with Concentrations in:
- International Relations
- Middle East/Gulf Studies
- Political Economy & Development
- Masters in Diplomacy and International Affairs
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Judicial Studies
College of Natural and Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) for Public Health and Nutrition
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) for Environmental Sciences and Sustainable Development
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Psychology
College of Technological Innovation
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) with a concentration in Information Technology with a focus on
- Security and Network Technologies
- Web and Mobile Application Development
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) for Information System and Technology Management with a focus on
- Management Information Systems
- Enterprise Systems
- Business Intelligence
- Master of Science (M.S.) with an Information Technology Concentration in Cyber Security
Zayed University Rankings
- Zayed University ranks 20 in the Arab region, and ranks 701-750 on the QS World University Rankings 2021 with a QS rating of 4 stars.
- According to the Times Higher Education rankings, Zayed places 801 to 1000th in World University Rankings 2021.
Zayed University Campus
- The campus of Zayed University are located in two locations namely Dubai as well as Abu Dhabi.
- Zayed University has 3 campuses which comprise AUH Male campus AUH Female campus, and DXB Female campus.
- The ZU AUH campus covers 77 acres of ground in MadinatZayed.
- The MadinatZayed campus features state-of-the art facilities that include classrooms, breakout and meeting rooms, auditoriums that have capacity up to 1,000 students. 5 floors of library space cafeteria, retail areas and fitness facilities. There is also and a half-sized Olympic pool.
- The complex of the University located in Dubai is located in Al Ruwayyah, the Academic City - Al Ruwayyah comprising 70 hectares.
- Academic City Campus Academic City campus mainly has 6 buildings that are used for administration as well as Dining, Convention Library, Academics and the Gymnasium.
Zayed University Placements
The Alumni and Careers Office at Zayed University offers a wide range of services , including career counseling training, workshops, development programs for job searching interviews and CV writing. The university also assists students network and gives access to job opportunities. To increase the student employability the university has formed partnerships with firms like IBM, Microsoft, SAP and many more.