Deep Blue Ocean, sandy beaches, warm weather and barbeque grills in the sunshine - Australia certainly paints a beautiful image But our nation is much more than that.For students who rely on Australian institutions, breathtaking landscapes are just an added benefit. An internationally recognised educational system for higher learning is what lets Australia claim to have the third highest number of international students worldwide.
What are the reasons to study for master's degrees in Australia?
Australia provides the complete package of enriching experiences for life and top education that makes students from around the world come to Australia each year. Here are the most convincing advantages of pursuing your masters in Australia:
- Global rankings Nine Australian universities are among the top 150 universities in the world according to QS's rankings 2021. This is an affirmation of the nation's academic excellence
- One of the most secure countries: Australia enjoys the reputation as being among the most secure countries for international students and has the lowest rate of murder anywhere in the world since the country is extremely concerned regards to the security of its students
- Research opportunities are excellent in specific areas: Australian institutions offer unparalleled quality research opportunities in the majority of the newest subjects, like environmental sciences. Marine biologists from Australia are allowed to study their own part of the Great Barrier Reef for their master's studies.
- Internationally recognized programmes regardless of the college or employer All Australian diplomas are not just acknowledged but are also recognized across the world.
Master's degrees are awarded in different ways in Australia.
Masters in Australia are offered in a variety of degree formats that are based on your undergraduate degrees as certain formats are intended to enhance your career, while others provide an opportunity to change careers to a new career.
- Traditional masters
- They are academic courses which allow you to learn an area of study in depth in order to become an expert in that subject. With a long-standing and well-known educational system, Australia is one of the top options for students.
- Master of the change of direction
- This is especially relevant if you intend to change academic paths or add a different level of knowledge in your field of specialisation. You must have a fundamental understanding of the fundamentals in the new field before you can receive advanced education in the area of specialisation.
- Graduate entry qualifications
- It is a choice if you've already completed your undergraduate degree and you are looking to pursue a professional career in the same area. If, for instance, you are planning to become a school teacher, then you could choose the Graduate Diploma or Master of Teaching to demonstrate your professional experience as well as your academic background in the subject. However, make sure whether these credentials are recognized in your country and also.
- Professional development masters
- This is an excellent course for those who want to improve their job prospects through further education. For example, you could be an experienced teacher who plans to build educational management skills. In addition, unlike other master's degree programs, a professional master's typically required prior experience and qualifications.
A bachelor's degree is the minimum prerequisite. There are various types of requirements that are based on the college or university you select. For instance, some institutions may require the requirement of a GPA of 4.0 or higher, whereas others require a minimum of 60% for the undergraduate program. A good score on the tests for English proficiency, such as IELTS, is also a crucial aspect.
The length of time a master's program lasts.
The length of your master's degree is contingent on the type of program you choose and the content of your course. A typical master's program takes between one and two years to finish.
Note: Courses that contain foundational training or vocational assignments are usually for a longer period of time (mostly when it comes to changing direction or a professional master's program)
The cost of study
In Australia, the costs for postgraduate studies vary from university to university, with no assistance from the government. This means that there are significant differences in the price of taking classes. However, the price of master's degree programs ranges between AUD 22,000 to $50,000 annually for students from abroad.
Based on the 2020 Graduate Outcomes Survey 2020, the median income of postgraduate students was $87,400. For postgraduate researchers, the median was $93,000.
In short, it is a matter of whether you wish to pursue a master's degree or master's degree in the fields of engineering, creative arts, health, education, or sciences. Australian universities offer a wide range of specialisations and topics that are postgraduate-level. Additionally, master's degree certificates earned from one of the Australian institutions are internationally recognized by employers everywhere to give you a head start when you graduate.