Lehigh University (LU) is an independent research university located located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. It was founded in 1865 by the businessman Asa Packer. The undergraduate programs at the university have been co-educational since the 1970-72 school year. In the year 2019 the University had 5,047 undergraduates and the number of graduate students was 1,802.
Lehigh University Rankings
The University has been praised internationally and nationally for its research and academic excellence. It was featured in global rankings, as well as national rankings and even subject areas were included into rankings at both the global and national levels. It was also acknowledged for its value as well as its innovation and social mobility to higher education in the US.
- U.S. News & World Report 2021: #850
- Times Higher Education Global university rankings 2021 601 - 800
- QS World university rankings 2021 #551-560
- ARWU global rankings 701-800: ARWU global rankings
- UniRank World rankings # 489
In The Lehigh Valley, the university is just a 70-mile (110 kilometers) drive away from Philadelphia and is it is just an 85-mile (137 kilometers) drive away from New York City.
Lehigh comprises 2350 acres (9.5 km2) comprising 180 acres (0.73 km2)) of playing and recreational fields, and 150 buildings with 4 millions square feet of floor area. It is comprised of three campuses contiguous to the and surrounding South Mountain, including:
the Asa Packer Campus, which was built in the northern slope of the mountain. Lehigh's first and principal campus.
The Mountaintop Campus, atop South Mountain which has an intramural sport field as well as Iacocca Hall and
The Murray H. Goodman Campus located to the south of it, is which is where a stadium with 16,000 seats and various sports facilities are situated.
The year 2012 began, Lehigh became the recipient of a donation of 755 acres located in the nearby Upper Saucon Township from the Donald B. and Dorothy L. Stabler Foundation. The donation from the legacy of the long-time donor enabled the university to increase its campus to encompass 2,350 acres across its campuses and to contemplate its future applications.
Lehigh University Programs
- More than 2300 courses and programs are provided by the university, consisting of 110 undergraduate degree programmes and majors and more than 87 studies-based Ph.D. programs, as well as professional master's degrees and certificate programs; as well as twenty or more inter-disciplinary programs spread across several colleges.
- The university offers undergraduate programs that feature instructors who mentor students, hands-on interactive learning as well as a global outlook. Courses are offered in the area of pre-dental, teacher training and pre-optometry.
- Degrees of Bachelor's, Minor's Interdisciplinary degrees, master's degree with accelerated completion and certificates are provided at the University in the fields of Business, Arts and Business Computer and information sciences Engineering; Humanities and Health Interdisciplinary programs; Mathematics and Natural Science; and Social Sciences.
- Graduate programs provided by the university are designed to engage the students to conduct research, and help them develop their skills in the workplace. These research-based Ph.D. programs as well as professional master's degrees and certificate program, as well as online programsare available in the areas of applied sciences, business as well as Arts, Education and so on.
- The most popular subjects of 2019 graduates included Finance General; Mechanical Engineering Industrial Engineering Marketing/Marketing Management; Accounting; General.
Lehigh University has proudly shaped the lives of a variety people, including Pulitzer Prize winners, Fulbright Fellows and participants in the National Academy of Sciences, members of the American Academy of Arts & Sciences and National Medal of Science winners. Some of famous graduates include Ali Al-Naimi (Saudi Arabia's former Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources), Harry J. Buncke (father of microsurgery), Stephen J. Benkovic (known as a chemist as well as a National Medal of Science awardee) as well as PongpolAdireksarn (deputy premier of Thailand).