Ain Shams University, as the third Egyptian university, was founded in July 1950 under the name of "Ibrahim Pasha University ''. It participated with the two earlier universities, "Cairo University" (Fuad the 1st ) and "Alexandria University '' (Farouk the 1st) in fulfilling the message of universities and meeting the increasing demand of youth for higher education. When it was first established, Ain Shams University comprised a number of distinguished faculties and academic institutes, which were later developed into university.After the revolution of the 23 rd of July 1952, it was suggested that Egyptian universities be given names that were strongly linked with the roots and historical landmarks of the country. Thus on 21 st of February, 1954 the name of the university was changed to "Heliopolis", and then changed in the same year to its present name "Ain Shams", the Arabic for "Heliopolis", or "O'n", which was the oldest university in history. "O'n" University was established about 5000 years ago, and it had a wide fame as a center of knowledge and learning, especially in astronomy, engineering and medicine. Perhaps a perfect example of the knowledge and skill of "O'n" teachers is Imhotep, the chief priest, minister, and architect, who in 2700 B.C. designed the first large structure of stone known in history, Zoser's Step Pyramid in Sakkara. Westcar Papyrus also states that the founder of the Fifth Dynasty was the Rector of "O'n" University before ascending the throne. However, the most important achievement of "O'n" University was the call for worshiping a single deity, the solar disk of Aton, at the hands of Akhenaton, who was influenced by the ideas of "O'n" priests.The emblem of the university, the obelisk and two hawks, establishes a link between the name and the ancient history of the university. The obelisk stands for the house of life at the city of "O'n", whereas the two hawks are symbolic of Horus, the Egyptian god at that time.
Ain Shams University Ranking
- Academic Ranking of World Universities: #701 in 2021
- QS World University Rankings: #801 in 2022
- World University Rankings:#1001 in 2022
- Best Global Universities Rankings: #648 in 2021
Ain Shams University Campuses
There are eight campuses of Ain Shams University. They are all in Greater Cairo, and two of them are next to each other, separated by a main road called El-Khalifa El-Maamoun.
In addition to the faculties of Computer Science, Science, Law, and Art, the main campus is located in Abbassia, Cairo, and houses the Administration and Management at the Saffron Palace, Science Education Development Center, Central Library, Child Hood Center, and the University City (students hostel). The Faculty of Commerce, Alsun, Pharmaceutical Science, and Dentistry are all located on the opposite campus. The Women's College is housed on its own grounds. The faculties of specific education, education, and agriculture are located on separate campuses in Abassia, Heliopolis, and Shubra El Kheima, respectively.
Ain Shams University: Quick Highlights
|Founded In||July, 1950|
|MBBS Course Duration||5 Year|
|Medium of Study||English|
Faculties of Ain Shams University:-
|S.NO.||Name of Faculty|
|1||Faculty of Medicine|
|2||Faculty of Nursing|
|3||Faculty of Dentistry|
|4||Faculty of Pharmacy|
|5||Faculty of Science|
|6||Faculty of Agriculture|
Time of MBBS:
The timeframe for MBBS for students at Ain Shams University is of five years. For 5 years, students will be an academic program and an internship too. Beginning with five years, after 5 years , the internship will last for two years to be organized by the university.
They will then be able to determine if they've learned about the particular skills they have or not. Professionals will be an integral part of the experience in order to develop the skills that students are using.
Documents are required to be submitted:
The documents required to be submitted for MBBS Admission to Ain Shams University are as the following:
- 12th standard passing certificate
- NEET UG examination qualified scorecard
- 15 passport size photograph
- Certificate of Character
- Medical certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Migration certificate
Criteria for eligibility:
The criteria for eligibility for MBBS for MBBS in Egypt at this school include:
- The age of a student should not exceed 25 years, and must be less than 17 years old.
- Students taking the NEET-UG exam must be passed by a student who is qualified
- The student is not required to have any criminal convictions in his academic studies.
- He should have scored 60percent marks at the 12th standard.
- The student should select subjects in the 12th standard. They should be Physics Biology, Chemistry and Chemistry in addition to English
The admission process at Ain Shams University is as the following:
- The very first step is that the student must scan all the documents needed to be accepted.
- Visit the official website of the school and then look out for the admission application form that is available there.
- Make sure you fill it out and submit it.
- Take 3-4 days to wait.
- After verification, an offer letter will be created and delivered to the email address.
- After the generation of the offer letter, you must pay the charges.
- After the payment after which admission is accepted.
- After confirmation, you will be able to apply for visa, and you'll be in a position to fly for MBBS after which you can fly to Egypt.
Ain Shams State Medical University is among the universities that are committed to an easy and smooth admission process. However, they are unable to accept you until you have a valid visa. Let's talk about the process for obtaining a visa in greater detail.
Documents needed to apply for MBBS in Egypt from this institution are as follows:
- Academic record
- Health records
- Offer letter
- Invitation letter
- Birth certificate
- Bank statement that has an amount of minimum balance
- Admission form
- HIV negative report
- Photograph of passport size
- Covid-19 negative report
The steps to follow are:
A few simple steps are available to adhere to when applying MBBS for MBBS in Egypt. These are:
- Take a picture of all documents you need to scan.
- Check out all the Terms and Conditions.
- Complete the application form directly on the official site.
- Upload all the documents that you have scanned.
- Fill out your application on the form.
- After the final submission, you must make sure to wait for confirmation.
- Once you have received confirmation within 2-4 days you are able to go for confirmation.
- Following the verification process After the verification process, you're ready to receive your visa.
After arriving in Egypt:
When you visit Egypt There is a simple verification process that you must complete and this will be handled by the Egyptian Embassy and police So make sure you have all your original documents on hand. The verification procedure will be carried out taking into consideration the place of residence and the purpose of your trip to Egypt
Be assured that we have prepared you for it, and it will go smoothly all the way through. It is easy to get there and finish the task.
Facilities for mess and hostels are available for Indian students:
The hostel facilities are fantastic for all Indian students studying to study MBBS in Egypt in this location. The hostel is equipped and the room is air-conditioned. The most appealing thing about this school is that the huge campus and Wi-Fi is available too.
If a student isn't wanting to remain in a space for longer the student can transfer to the campus. The facilities for mess are available for students of all area. No matter if you are a vegetarian or veg, you can discover dishes that are suitable for you.
The security of the hostel is extremely strict. If you believe that you are able to fool anyone it is an illusion you're having.
Fee Structure of Ain Shams University:
Total In USD
Total In INR
Benefits of studying at the Ain Shams University Egypt:
There are many benefits which will be provided to students eager to start their MBBS to study in Egypt here. Some of them include the following:
1.Faculties:The faculties offered here are modern and will never make students feel that they are lacking at a particular level.
2.Expenses:Costs for MBBS costs in Egypt are not too expensive. The student is able to manage to pay for it, and scholarships are also available for meritorious students.
3. Degree recognition:The degree that is for students completing MBBS in Egypt is applicable to all countries. There is no reason to worry that the certificate is not applicable to a specific institution in the country you reside.
4. Security of students:Hair security is sophisticated. If a student feels that something is bothering the student, we are able to report concerns to security. The immediate action will be taken and no inappropriate actions will be tolerated.
5.Facilities for learning:Education facilities can be technologically advanced. The E-Learning program and Libraries are always there to assist students. If a student is in any questions, they are able to seek out the instructor during extra classes, too.
The student's personal expense during MBBS In Egypt:
Personal expenses are another important factor to take into consideration when you are pursuing MBBS at the University of Egypt. Tuition and lodging charges will be paid by the institution in advance, and the rest is dependent on the student's needs as to how much they wish to pay each month.
The cost of living and tuition charges are based on a credits hour. In general up to 15 credit hours will be offered at a cost of around US $500 per hour.
In addition, if the student is enrolled in MBBS in Egypt is looking to be part of a course which will allow him to earn money. You can do the same. The University has also developed a number of programmes that are beneficial to students who want to earn.
If a student wants to study MBBS in Egypt at Ain Shams University, then there's no reason to consider it. This is the ideal option for any student who is interested.